Saturday, December 5, 2009

Course grading complete

Class,

Course grading is done. The grades are with the ASA.

Grade distribution is roughly thus:
10% of the class earned an A, 49% secured an A-, 31.7% obtained B and the remaining 9.3% odd got a B-.

Was glad to see some familiar names in the A list but was also dismayed to see some familiar names do not so well.

On a separate note, Sreenath tells me of a noble gent who emailed complaining that all groups that met with me got marks revised upwards. I don't know who sent the email (and don't want to know either). But lemme clarify that the allegation is simply not true. IIRC, the majority of groups that met with me have seen no change in their overall marks.

The ostensible reason was to learn how the grading went and what could have been improved upon. I appreciate the intent, if sincere. Marks were revised upwards only in cases where I had clearly missed, misread or misinterpreted project slides (which wasn't often, btw). I would advise the said noble gent to kindly lay such baseless fulminations to rest.

Chalo, meri taraf se Alwida, sayonara and farewell to the class of 2010. Goodbye and goodluck.

Sudhir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback appreciated. Please try to be civil, as far as feasible. Thanks.