Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Websurvey Updates

Hi all,

The websurvey has already garnered some 1100+ responses.

Yay and Whew!

Great effort so far, teams. Let me hurry to add however that the above 1100 responses include quite a few by groups taking the surveys themselves to check the websurvey out.

Thanks to all those who wrote in with pointers to typos and other errors. We've accommodated what changes we could without changing the structure of the survey and invalidating past responses to particular questions.

How are groups doing? Well, here's a picture from a quick pivot I drew as of 1740 hrs Tuesday. Let me see if this comes up well....



Alright. There you go.

Update: Have been asked for a word doc copy of the survey. The argument is that this way groups can study  the questionnaire logic and better plan the analysis to come. I agree. I'll do one better, let me share with you the exec summary sheet that has been generated also. Shall ask the AAs to putup on the blackboard.


Sudhir

4 comments:

  1. Professor,
    It would be great if you could give a feedback regarding the survey we had developed.Not for every group. But probably you could collate some glaring mistakes made by people and then point out how it could have been done Better.Probably you can have a combined session of all the sections and give a feedback for the entire class.This will be a very important part of our learning.
    Otherwise we will not be able to judge how this phase went.(Grades will give a hint but there is not much of learning from it.)

    Santosh.P.N (Section A)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Santosh,

    Let us see what we can do about it. Right now we are swamped with grading - from phase I to midterms to quiz 2. We haven't thought far at all. What I had in mind and from what happened last year, I was planning to release a small list of common mistakes made and some best practices I saw in phase I, on the blog.

    Sudhir

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please give an update on the survey response numbers ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vikram,

    Pls find update above.

    ReplyDelete

Constructive feedback appreciated. Please try to be civil, as far as feasible. Thanks.