Sunday, October 24, 2010

A few quick announcements

Update: FYI and just to clarify:
(i) Use the free account of www.esurveyspro.com for your phase I submission, *not* that of surveymonkey.com. (ii) Do *not* attempt to administer your phase I survey to anyone outside of pre-testing. I'll put together a consolidated, final questionnaire for the entire class based on your phase I submissions, on LRC's survey monkey pro account, that we will use for phase II - data collection. (iii) Pls feel free to ask questions and clarifications. Recall that MKTR involves a collaborative process with client input - I'll play the role of the client in case you need clarification on the scope and objectives etc.

Sudhir

Hi all,

Some quick announcements:

1. If you haven't already, pls take last year's project survey ASAP. Every MKTR student should take it regardless of whether or not his/her group-mates have done so already. I plan to release the questionnaire and the results (summary + raw data) over blackboard soon. I strongly recommend having familiarity with this dataset as well.  

*Basically, I cannot guarantee that questions pertaining to this dataset etc will not land up in the midterm.

2. Pls refresh your Excel SOLVER skills. Am told you have done quite a bit of this on DMOP or something. Good, as it saves me a ton of trouble. We're starting out with the Modeling and Solution primer tomorrow for sections A & B. DOn;t forget to bring your laptops, janta.


3. We're racing to complete grading Quiz I as we speak.  Would like to clarify re Quiz I for sections C & D that only people who score 0 out of 8 in the first 2 questions will be eligible and be invited to take a re-quiz for those 8 points. If the eligible folks don;t want to the the quiz, fine. This is a one-time exception only. I odn;t want folks to think such will happen after every quiz or anything.


Thanks and regards,

Sudhir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback appreciated. Please try to be civil, as far as feasible. Thanks.