Monday, October 25, 2010

Quiz 2 issues

Hi all,

A quiz was planned, based on the Ice-cream dataset for sections A & B today which for various reasons - incluidng ambiguity in the quiz paper and non-correspondence of question numbers in the dataset with Q numbers in the quiz paper -  could not be conducted smoothly.

Well, my apologies. We'll have to scratch this quiz now.

But in general, I should make clear that the raw data from the survey has a different question numbering than in the questionnaire because each column corresponds to an answer option. My mistake, I overlooked that fact. Still, using question headers in the top row of the dataset, one could still have continued but then 10 minutes wouldn't have been enough to manage all this in.

I've released last year's 2009 car survey questionnaire and raw data on blackboard. Kindly go through the same. Familiarize yourself with it. Chances are high that questions based on it might landup in the midterm. The questions would be roughly in the same mould as those for the Ice cream and beer datasets, though.

P.S.
We're now entering a more quantitative phase in the course. It gets difficult for me to judge how much already know -> I'm going too slow and where I'm going too fast. Timely, constructive feedback would be nice, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. will appreciate if you can post solutions to ice cream survey so that we can assess if we are on right track

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 student - Ms Lekha Ojha has been kind enough to share her solutions to the ice cream dataset. I've asked the AAs to upload this ASAP tomorrow.

    Lekha's solutions look fine, just that in Q2 I'd take correlations for making inference.

    Shall discuss the same in class.

    Sudhir

    ReplyDelete

Constructive feedback appreciated. Please try to be civil, as far as feasible. Thanks.