Saturday, November 14, 2009

Another exam related email exchange

Got this email today:
Please confirm that we do not need to refer to slides for Lectures 1,2,4,5,8,9,10. Also, please confirm that for the quant portion of the paper – do we need to refer to the corresponding chapters in the book, or is knowing how to interpret results of the various tests wholly sufficient. Do we need to know the various classifications of the different tests etc. The quant part is very unnerving and overwhelming. Please provide some guidance on how to prepare for that part.

Also sir, we do appreciate your being available in your office today, but should I have doubts (as I plan to start MKTR today evening) could I meet you tomorrow late afternoon in your office. Would that be possible?

Thanks & regards
S

My reply:
Hi S,

All I can say is “Pls read up all the slides. MCQs will come from those chapters only.”

The sample questions I intend to putup today will give a broad idea of what kind of questions and difficulty level can be expected in the non-MCQ section. It needn't be overwhelming at all, even to the non-technical folks. I quite realize that no pre-requisites were asked for in the syllabus document.

Beyond that, I don’t want to promise anything.

Already, we (I and the AAs) find that a public announcement we made – that 25% will be MCQ - has come back to haunt us. I wanted more space for non-MCQs – upto 20% but was stuck with only 15%.

Henceforth, shall be more careful in my course related pronouncements. They have a knack of becoming constraints down the line.

As for availability tomorrow – tomorrow morning at most I will be available. Am off-campus in the afternoon right till dinner time. Email me if tomorrow morning works fine. Else, shall check and answer email queries every other hour or so.

Thanks.

Sudhir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback appreciated. Please try to be civil, as far as feasible. Thanks.