Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More 11th hour websurvey Q&As

I got this from P:
Hi,
I have been trying to code in skip logic into our survey for some time now, but it just does not work. I have understood the concept and gone through your blog post, but the survey keeps jumping to the 2nd page whether I add a condition or not. So whenever I add more than 1 page and click preview, the survey shows me the 2nd page, no matter what the page logic is. Is this a known bug and has anyone complained about this?
As I see it, I have to insert the condition in the page logic of the 1st page if I want a conditional jump based on a question on that page. Let me know if my understanding is correct or am I going wrong somewhere?

I replied:
Am not clear what the question/problem is.

Were you able to successfully add a condition or not? Click on ‘page logic’ on the page from where you will skip out of. Then select ‘conditional jump’ and press the blue button titled ‘add condition’. Then add your condition. Give group numbers 1,2,3… etc. The group numbers won’t mean much unless we have a ‘select ALL that apply’ kinda question.

Nobody has complained about this so far, so I guess they are able to make it work.

Sudhir

To which he replies:
Hi,
I just talked to another student who was facing the same problem and I am giving the solution here in case anyone else encounters it. After you preview a survey once, it will keep that in the memory and from next time, the survey begins from the next page.

To remedy this, go to ‘Manage surveys’ and click the ‘Clear responses’ icon (Scissors icon) against the survey.
I guess you have to keep doing this if you are testing the survey for skip logic etc. I apologize if this was mentioned in the blog or in any of the emails.

Tks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback appreciated. Please try to be civil, as far as feasible. Thanks.