Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More email feedback

I am in MKTR section C. I have a few requests to you.

Is it possible for you to give us handouts of the slides so that we can take notes at the relevant places in different slides? This works for all other subjects at ISB so far and helps us in keeping the course content organized.

Is it possible for you to follow your question slides with another set of similar slides but this time with the answer (your take on the answer of course) highlighted in bold or something? It would help us in revising the slide content. Your pace of teaching is fast and while I am still trying to internalize the concept underlying the question, I sometimes miss out what all did you tell were the answers to the question (answers in your opinion of course).

Our class is morning 8’o clock. Dim lights around the room have been making me drowsy in all the classes so far. You may think this is a problem with me but I have had 8’o clock classes in two core terms and didn’t feel specifically so in any of them. Further, in all the other subjects, we can perfectly see the projector screen even with full room lights on. It helps keep us alert.

Thanks,

Theek hai.

Am getting a lot of these 'putup slides beforehand' vibes. Shall try experimenting with it sometime soon.

Good point about highlighting my own answers. Shall do so in slides putup on blackboard after each lecture. Caveats apply - those are my opinionated answers to the questions asked and one is free to disagree and move on.

Dimlights help me see the screen. Naturally thought students would also be similarly benefited. Perhaps, moi was totally wrong then. Shall find out market-facts first and then take a call on this one. (Practise what you preach, eh?)

Sudhir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback appreciated. Please try to be civil, as far as feasible. Thanks.